We get asked a lot on how to clean a Sophie, so we thought of writing a simple guide on how to properly keep your baby’s favorite teether toy free of dirt and stains.
Before we get started with the cleaning process, one thing you need to keep in mind, and we can’t stress it enough is that DO NOT rinse or immerse her in water. That can seriously damage her squeaker, and despite our warning some of the parents actually do that.
So now that we are familiar with not what to do, let’s look at what needs to be done to keep her good as new. Here are the things you’ll need for this easy-peasy process:
- Bucket of soapy water
- 2x Cloths
And now let’s dive into the cleaning part:
- Dip one of the dry cloths in the soapy water
- Wring the cloth as hard as you can on top of the bucket so that the water falls directly inside
- Gently clean the Sophie’s surface
- Make sure you avoid the squeaker hole. You don’t want the water to go in there
- Once you’re done wiping, take the other cloth and dry her well
- Keep on a dry surface and let the moisture completely evaporate
And there you go, in no way cleaning your Sophie is a daunting task. All you need is your everyday bathing items to keep Sophie shining as a glittering star.